Monday 31 December 2012

New Year but not New Me

2012 was probably the best year of my life so far. I got married. I learned how to sew clothes. I started blogging properly and discovered the fabulous sewing-blogging community. I got married. Oh I said that already! (It was big thing tho...)


Sewing highlights include my Robe Sureau and my Kelly skirt. I'm really looking forward to making Washi and Cambie dresses next year! 


I've decided not to make too many resolutions for 2013. Mainly because I don't think that there's any point in trying to make myself stick to things just for the sake of it, like other years. I will inevitably break all resolutions that aren't important enough to me and then feel annoyed with myself. So instead, I've decided I'm just going to pick a few things that are important to me:
  • I want to carry on sewing - making things that I will use, wear and improving my techniques. I want to enjoy my sewing
  • I want to learn how to knit and/or crochet
  • I want to lose between 4 and 5kg by June and get myself healthier and fitter - I think that's a realistic goal and hopefully one that I will stick to as it's for a specific reason
So that's it, just three. This year coming, I'm not going to try and change a whole lot. I like who I am at the moment, I love my life and I want to stay happy! Oh, and I will carry on blogging (thank you to everyone who takes a little peek or leaves lovely comments, I get very excited when that happens!) How about you, do you have any thoughts on what you want out of the next twelve months?

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Hiya - aren't resolutions funny old things. Anyway, I like your non-resolutions as they are sensible and driven but wanting something a little new/different. I haven't any resolutions either. Can't remember my name half the time anyway ... . Happy new year and I'm glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily...so far so good in the first week - I've done a bit of everything I've "resolved" to do!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please leave me a comment. Thanks!