I made some orange and cinnamon soap a little while ago. It has turned out brilliantly and lathers really well. This is the third or fourth time I've made soap (lavender, patouchli, sandalwood in the past but no other pics I'm afraid as I kept forgetting to photograph before using!) and each time they've been lovely but this is by far and away the nicest as a) it's round whereas all the others were rectangular and b) it has that 2 colour ring tone - don't ask me how, it's a complete and utter fluke!
This weekend I have been mostly:
- Finalising the seating plan (omg what a pain, can you believe a few people still haven't rsvp'd? even after I've sent out 4 yes four emails to said people to ask)
- Deciding the look of the seating plan (rustic)
- Starting to make paper flowers for seating plan
- Making confetti (my mum thinks I'm cheap)
- Starting to make the table names
- Finishing wooden signs to hang at the venue
- Having my final dress fitting (no alterations except the sleeves were made smaller! so now hanging up at parents' waiting for the big day, all steam ironed and lovely looking)
- Finally sticking to my no-junk-food plan and
- Running every day over the bank holiday so far
I made my mum a reversible apron for Mother's Day - it turned out really
well. I based it loosely on the Nae Nae tutrorial/pattern by Craftiness is not optional but without the frilly bits. Here are a couple of photos - along with Merky...
The only thing is the apron is a bit big for me and because of the clothes I was wearing on the day of modelling, I look fat! I'm not honest - esp with trying to be extra good with the wedding coming up...!