This week, I've intermittently been working on my long sleeved T shirt based on the Lydia pattern from Burdastyle
Pieces laid out for sewing together. Mini wanted her feather in the photo.
Instead of facings at the neck like the pattern suggests, I put my quilting skills to use and did a binding - credit for the idea goes to the swingy summer tank top tutorial at Prudent Baby (yes I know it's a kiddie's top but the principle are the same!) There are some slight puckers but I'm hoping it won't be too noticeable when worn.
The finished product will be on here soon! This weekend, I'm planning on finishing this, laying out my pattern pieces for the Cynthia Rowley skirt that I'm making for my sewing class and maybe cutting out the pieces for my muslin (or toile as my sewing teacher says, which is what I'm going to call it from now on) for the Sureau sewalong. Yes, Anna, I did take your advice below - thank you!