Sunday 18 November 2012

Keeping up with the Santa theme...

My friend's little girl will be 2 years old in a few days and I went to visit her yesterday. I wanted to make her something so thought I'd combine a birthday and Christmas present by making a stocking and filling it with a few sweets.

I drew a stocking shape on paper and cut two out of red felt. I also cut two more from lining fabric (but forgot to take photos...)
I then embroidered an "e" (for Edie) onto one of the felt shapes - not the neatest, eh?!
I used a deep green felt for the cuff. For the construction I followed a tutorial by Allison of Cluck Cluck Sew. I completely missed the step where you are supposed to put the tab for hanging the stocking up between the lining and outer so instead I used a piece of ribbon and a button on the outside. I actually think this looks great and really finishes it off perfectly!
Et voila! (I don't have a very nice looking mantel piece so resorted to hanging it off a bonsai for the photo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you so please leave me a comment. Thanks!