Me Made May Mondays weekly roundup
|Day 28: Viscose Sorbetto variation (not|
yet blogged) with black cord skirt
|Day 29: Bottle green Cambie|
|Day 30: Another Sorbetto variation (sleeves)|
with navy Kelly skirt
|Day 31: Olive button back blouse|
with Cambie skirt
Wow, what a month! I'm so glad I took part even though it was a bit of a pain remembering to get a photo every day. I pledged to wear me-made three times a week but actually in the end, there were only FIVE days that I didn't! I'm exceedingly pleased with myself about that!
1. I need more casual long sleeved Tshirts. For lazy weekends at home, I generally lounge around in my pyjamas or tracky Bs (how glam!). The only casual T shirt I've made is the green Lydia. I wore it four times, all at weekends. The only reason I didn't wear it more in the last two weeks was because I was working at the weekends!
2. I could also do with some me-made pyjamas - for the reason stated above.
3. I need some more smarter clothes to wear to work. Some of my outfits were far too casual and made me look like a teenager (mainly anything paired with a Kelly skirt - think I should maybe save it for the weekends). Teenage is most definitely not the look of a Consultant Acute Physician. I (and my authority) need to be taken seriously at work. Although I was voted Pin Up Consultant of the Year by all the junior doctors...!
4. I hardly wore trousers all month as all my handmade garments are tops, skirts or dresses. I just got the Sewaholic Thurlow pattern after winning Amy of Almond Rock's giveaway so I really think it's time to make some. Soon. When I'm feeling braver.
5. I really do need to get better quality photos!
So, in summary, I now have a staple, if basic, me-made wardrobe that I wear regularly and that I will keep adding to. It was such a great sense of achievement to do my first me-made month - all thanks to Zoe - and I'm really looking forward to next year!