So far in my dressmaking adventures, I have mainly stuck to cottons and other "safe" or beginner-friendly fabrics. But I've heard an awful lot about viscose (rayon to US/Canadian sewcialists). So when I spotted some suitable stuff at Barry's in "my" sorts of colours, I quickly snapped up a metre to try out.
And omg it's so soft to wear!
But a bugger to cut out! I took me ages to line up the selvedges and even when I thought I got everything spot on and cut, I realised that the front and back pieces of my top were not quite the same shape or size so the viscose must have moved!
I made a variation of the Sorbetto (again!) - this time with no pleat, looser and longer, and cap sleeves using the Washi pattern pieces. I love the way these tops are so easy to make - it took me only one afternoon from start to finish. And I think it's turned out pretty well! ('Scuse the wrinkled photos, I'd been wearing it all day)
I'm not sure if you can see in the photo above, but the only slight problem with the neck is that I stupidly used a cotton bias binding (it was all that I had and I wanted to wear the top the following day) so the neckline does get pulled forward a bit more that I'd like. I should have made my own from the leftover fabric. Oh well.
And hey, because of my wonky cutting, I've actually ended up with a subtle high-lo hem!