I found the cutest animal print at the beginning of this year. Really bright, primary colours, letters of the alphabet and zoo animals. I knew I wanted to make a child's quilt with it but didn't have anything else to match. So I went and found some plain fabric in coordinating bright colours (red, blue, green) and made up a quilt loosely based on the log cabin concept. Here's the finished product:
A close up of the "log cabin" panel:
I kept the quilting really simple, just straight lines around each panel and the middle cross. You can sort of see the geometric pattern better on the back of the quilt...
The whole thing was finished off with bright red binding and, of course, a tybalt label:
All in all, I'm quite pleased with the finished article. It can be used as a quilt or a playmat. This is for a special little girl's first birthday next week (I hope her Mummy's not reading this, it's supposed to be a surprise!). Happy birthday Edie!